11 December 2008

F* the world – Give me Jesus

Ok, I want to ask you to give this a try. This is a song by the group “King Family”. They were recently “discovered” in Germany and so far produced one CD and two singles.
This song might shock you at first but I want to ask you to listen it out. You will be surprised!



The story of these kids is that their parents (dad is English and mother German) have been catholic missionary since the 70´s. They grew up (like MK´s do) travelling the world. I could not really find a clear statement about their own faith beside this song.
What do you think of it? It’s either horrible or amazing. I mean when you get over the cursing I think it has a great message. Provocative, for sure, but good.
What amazes me is that this song apparently seems to be very popular among German teenager. I can’t make up my mind, honestly. But I think this group is fascinating. And if kids really listen to this and maybe get the message that would be even more amazing.
I feel like adding Paul’s words from Philippians 1:18 (NIV):
But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

I do not know maybe that’s totally out of context. Feel free to correct me or point out what I might have overseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment